Saturday, December 10, 2005

The Academic Hypocritics

In order to earn NT$ 7000 per month, I was so stupid that I once again accepted the job offered by Huang and her husband. My time and life have been cut asunder by their endless jobs. Over the past two months, I have been working hard to cope with many a hypocritical scholar, arrange two meaningless conferences, take charge of the damnable account, and deal with a haughty graduate student from Chaio-tung University. Through this job, not only do I see through the hypocrisy of those so-called scholars as well as some arrogant graduate students but I detect clearly the academic hierarchy. I notice how the rookie scholars endeavor to climb up to the power center which is tightly dominated by some groups of professors. They cling to the powerful professors, shamelessly humoring them and taking advantages of other people. I am not quite sure if they do believe in what they study. They like to produce a lot of papers pertaining to the so-called "the exploitation of the lower classes" and "caring about the minority," both of which are the mainstay of the academic study, but ironically they usually exploit the minority and get the greatest benefits. What a shame! I don't know why they still have effrontery to present those hypocritical papers. Their words are always inconsistant with their minds. For example, a young scholar named Su is devoted to the study of minority, but when a poor graudate student asked her for help, she not only refused to give him any assistance but also insulted him, saying that "It seems your family will go bankrupt if you neither graduate this year nor go to work right now." Their main concern, I think, is not so much the social care as their own benefits. I am always wondering if they have no conscience at all about cheating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home