The Scarlet Letter
The Scarlet Letter is one of my favorite novels. No matter how many times I read this religious-oriented story, I won't get tired of it; instead, I find my shadow in this story. Whenever I am flipping through the pages of this didactic story, a magical feeling would brew in my heart, a feeling that makes me identify with Hester and Dimmesdale. Like Hester, I did something wrong in the past, but I will keep repenting my sins until I go to my grave. Tormented by a vehement feelings of guilt, I do hope that one day I'll be redeemed and forgiven through my repentance. On the other hand, I am no less timid than Dimmesdale who keeps his secret until his death. Although I am extolled as a model student who does his academic performance excellently and cultivates a positive mental attitude towards life, my secret inflicts suffering on my mind every day. This sort of feeling is like a sharp knife skinning you terribly. When can I lead my life without fear?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home