While I was killing my time in MSN last night, Ping-yuant informed me of an exciting piece of news--he had finally got his Ph.D degree. Not only did he treat me a wonderful lunch today but he was deeply indebted to me for my aid. I was really elated that he had rode out of the worst storm in his life, and that I had ever helped him translate part of his dissertation into English, through which we established a firm friendship. This self-conscious man kept apologizing for causing me a lot of disturbance, but actually I didn't care about it. Had I not helped him then, I could not have eased my conscience which reminded me of the importance of integrity. I could understand his anxiety, helplessness, and despondency as his paper was rejected for the third time, so I decided to help him no matter how busy I was.
When taking him to see a herbal doctor after the lunch, I was told that during his honeymoon holiday in Japan, he drew lots which implied his benefactor would show up as he confronted many a difficulty. He said, "I'm his benefactor," but instead I think he gave me a good opportunity to do something good. After giving him my best blessing, I went to Lung-shan Temple sharing my happiness with Bodhisattva. I confessed that I was satisfied with what I did becasue it gave me a sense of achievement and tranquility. Through this fantastic experience, I discovered the advantages of boosting one's morale and giving hope to those living in despair.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home