Friday, March 23, 2007

To go, or not to go; that's a question.

I am confronted with a dilemma of obeying or brushing off my superior's mandate. My superior, the chief leader of the Office of Students' Affairs, asked me to participate in the jobs of Examinations Production Facilities (基測闈場), where I would be imprisioned for 21 days from May 13 to May 27. She told me that it was a good administrative experience that not everyone could enjoy, so she urged me to cherish this chance and take this challenging job. As far as I am concerned, I do desire to have an experience of being incarcerated in the Examinations Production Facilities, for I will not just get handsome emoluments (more than NT$10,000) through this job but also observe the precedures of producing test papers or other administrative tasks. This kind of experience, I believe, might be helpful to my teachers' examinations. However, there are two reasons that make me falter. First, I must ask for a long leave in my tutoring jobs if I do take part in the job of "Basic Competence Test for Junior High School Students." I worry my aunts will be incensed at my absence, and then they will air their grievances to my mother, who will in turn chide me for my negligence. Second, I might lose some chances of taking the teachers' exams provided I do work in that examination facilities. I am now in a quandary over whether I should go or not. This kind of feeling is really annoying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home