Thursday, March 22, 2007

Indolence

Terribly assailed by several bouts of somnolence this lovely morning whose azure sky could invigorate a man's pensive mood, I found it hard to submerge myself in my GRE vocabulary, Teaching Bible, TIME, or THE ECONOMIST. Giving up my studies, I tried to read Buddha's Scriptures in the dingy office, where the vociferous sounds of those staffs and students were able to engulf the small space. But, again, Morpheus seemed to lay his hand on me, propelling me to take an excursion with him, so I apologized to Buddha for my indolence and switched to do something else. I started to think of that lovely damsel, imagining that she dated with me and that we frolicked in a beautiful meadow. However, this whimsical thought didn't last for a long time because a sense of uncertainty and insecurity intruded into my fragile heart whenever I worried she would harshly reject me. After making several unsuccessful attempts to resist against my somnolence, I rummaged around in my pocket, took out my cell phone, sent a text message to Mary, and asked her if she's willing to have lunch with me next Friday afternoon. I can't ascertain whether she will deign to dine with me, but I'll feel exhilarated if she grants my request. Now, my watch shows me 11:05 a.m., and that means I need to feed something to my stomach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home